Sunday, July 5

Family, Friends, Fireworks and Farewells

It has been quite a whirlwind since we got back from Mexico. I visited family in Louisiana, drove to Austin, moved out of my house and spent the weekend at the Lake celebrating the Fourth! I am now back in Houston running around like a mad woman trying to get everything ready to leave for Haiti on Tuesday. That's right, I said Tuesday. As in not tomorrow, but the next day. I still have a lot to do, but in times like this I remind myself that I am a professional procrastinator and that this is really my time to shine. I'm nuts? Ok, fine. But I'll get on that plane at 6:00 am Tuesday with everything (ok, most everything) that I intended to pack.

This weekend was a great way to spend my last weekend in the States










I would not consider myself very patriotic, but I did find myself talking to God and telling him that I know in just a few days I will really understand how immeasurably blessed I am here in the States.

Sadly, I drove away from Austin today not knowing when I will be back. I am not really good at leaving. I have been known to completely avoid saying goodbye, and then deal with the emotional damage later on. So don't be offended if I didn't see you, it will just be that much better the next time I do :)

Exciting news! I got a call tonight from a friend of my mom's who was supposed to leave today for a mission trip to Honduras, and due to all of the political unrest, the trip was cancelled at the last minute. She has a TON of medication and medical supplies for me to take to Haiti!!!!! How cool is that? God is SO in control!

I must make some progress on the packing tonight so I can run all my errands tomorrow!

Farewell, blogger friends.

Well, for tonight.

0 comments: