Monday, March 8

Birthday weekend and prayers needed

Mark and Caroline came in town for the long weekend. Friday morning we headed out to Loveless Cafe for some of their famous biscuits!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We had a fun day shopping and hanging out, and then went to dinner and had friends over for a game night. Saturday morning we had donuts and pedicures, a fun lunch, spent the afternoon outside and had Mexican food for dinner! It was the perfect day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My parents sent me these beautiful flowers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday afternoon was spent out at Arrington Vineyards celebrating the warmest, most beautiful day

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If sunshine was the only gift I got, it would have been just wonderful. But this weekend was the best birthday!

I also wanted to share with you all that my family needs your prayers. When I was gone in Haiti, my dad was diagnosed with Mitral Valve prolapse. Divinely, he was visiting the doctor for a problem with fluid in his ears, when the Nurse Practitioner heard a new heart murmur. In just a few days he was diagnosed with this serious, but relatively common disease. The great news is because he is otherwise very healthy, he is a great candidate for surgical repair. Tomorrow morning he will check in at 6 am to have the surgery (using incredibly fascinating robotic technology). I ask that you pray for him and my mom tomorrow. Pray for peace. Pray for the doctors who will be working on his heart. I am so thankful to know and trust that God is in control. We would truly covet your prayers in this time.

Thankful for this blog community of prayer warriors. Love you all!



2 comments:

DeDe said...

I have three words for Christina & Allyson: Biggest. Glasses. Ever. :)

Sounds like a fun weekend. Will be glued to my phone for updates about Uncle Joe tomorrow.

Love you!

Sonia Graney said...

Praying for your Dad, Caroline. Keep us updaed.