Tuesday, August 11

Clinic happenings

I need to catch you up on some of the stuff we have seen in the clinic!

Remember this guy?


Look what a clean dressing every day will do for you!


A geneticists dream: This child is the youngest of 3 children. All of the children have 7 toes and 7 fingers. Mom had it too...figure that one out!


Mom and Casey, this one is for you. Can you imagine what that smells like??? We are thinking cancer...


This guy fell (or jumped, depending on who you ask) off the back of a tap-tap




This kid also fell off a car, on the same night. He was acting BIZARRE. Asking the same 3 questions over and over, totally disoriented. We were worried. Then Mom came and we realized that he was totally putting on a show because he had skipped a church event and was playing when he got hurt. After we sewed him up, she dragged him out of the gates by one ear. Kids are the same everywhere...



Today someone brought a 2 lb 4 oz. (Yes you read it correctly TWO POUNDS FOUR OUNCES) baby into the clinic. He was born 6 days ago, only 7 months into the pregnancy. He is also very jaundiced. The same place who took Loner (who by the way is weighing in today at a whopping 6 pounds 2 ounces and is doing marvelously) is willing to take this baby, given that it lives through the night. I am choosing to believe God for a miracle on this one. Pray that the baby makes it through the night and can get to the new place tomorrow morning. God, I believe that you can save baby Kerwens.

5 comments:

cindi said...

Wow!!! Busy day for the clinic. Praying for Kerwens. He is precious! mom

Jingers said...

Caro-
I am so amazed everytime I read your blog. What an amazing, life-changing experience for you and for all of us experiencing it through your bolg. Thank you for allowing us to follow you on your journey. I love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you again.

Dede said...

Um, I loved it when you told me about it, and I still love the story about the faker that fell off a car. It's awesome. Have I ever told you about the kid that faked a seizure when we tried to have her get a tardy pass? (She was lying on the hallway shaking and would stop and peek at us out of one eye.) I think they are related! Love you!

Daimon's Mom said...

Hi Caroline, It's Daimon's mom, Karrie. Daimon just recently introduced me to your blog and I am so addicted to it. You, young woman give me strentgh and hope. You are amazing! I pray for you each day and I pray for these precious babies. I will continue to share your story with my family and friends. Please know the prayer chain has been extended and will continue to grow.

Give Baby Kerwens a kiss from me and let him know I said I special prayer for him tonight.

kp said...

The clothes on that little baby are absolutely hilarious and precious. I'm loving the "watch us grow" series. Maybe baby Kerwens will have an episode as well.