Saturday, May 16

Colorado adventures!

Last week, I took a trip to visit my favorite couple, C Fontenot and her man! On Friday they picked me up and we played around in Denver and then went to the Rockies game. It does not suck to watch baseball with a view of the Rocky Mountains in the background.







After the game, we drove to Colorado Springs and stayed with some friends of Caroline's parents who I know from the Grand Canyon trip last year. Saturday we had breakfast in the Springs and then drove back to BV where Mark and Caroline were hosting a party to kick-off the summer! We grilled out and played washers in their backyard (you can tell Caro's pictures apart from mine taken on the iphone)...





The weather was gorgeous the whole time I was there and we even got out for a short hike. Unfortunately, Altitude Sickness got the best of me, but we still got to enjoy the outdoors for a few hours!




When we weren't watching Season 10 of Friends on DVD, we got out to Frontier Ranch and visited Leadville, Colorado. Leadville is the highest city in the country at 10, 200 feet and the home of the famous Baby Doe Tabor, the Unsinkable Molly Brown (from the Titanic) and my great-great-grandfather James Corbett. Here are some fun pics from the day...





If you are on Twitter, you might find this funny...




We also spent a great deal of time laying out in their backyard soaking up some sun...



All in all, it was a really great trip and a fun way to celebrate being done with college! Since I got back on Wednesday I have been fully enjoying my last week as a college student by doing all things Austin. Adventures have included El Arroyo $1 margaritas, Cain and Abels, Mt. Bonnell, floating the river, Kerbey Lane pancakes, spending the night with friends in a sorority house and a late night Whataburger trip. That was all in two days... gotta soak it up people!

0 comments: