Thursday, April 9

I will Rise

I haven't been able to stop listening to this song this week. I watched a video of Chris Tomlin talking about why he wrote it. He said it was for the church, when they find themselves in the hardest times of life. Burying your parent. The loss of a job. Cancer. Holding a child as his life is taken by hunger. A broken heart. This suffering, these injustices are just not right. But those of us who know Jesus have Hope. Hope that there is a day coming when all will be made right.

In revelation, John shares what he saw when he got a glimpse of Heaven...

"Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing." Rev 5:11-12

At times, I long so much for that day. On Saturday, I will watch a friend bury his father. I can't fall asleep some nights because the faces of these sick children haunt me. I can't bear it, Jesus. But there is the Hope that on that day, I will rise.



I don't know if you are in the midst of the hardest days of your life. Maybe these are the best days. But I pray you have Hope, because when the hardest times come, I have found that He is the only thing that can sustain me.

0 comments: